It is said that the flapper became popular as early as the mid-1920's. By adding certain accessories, such kind of dress has grasped certain position in the fashion world for quite long time. This type also stands for innovation of women's attire and their social position gets changed after the First World War.
Thing about flappers mainly contain short hair, loose, knee-baring vintage wedding dresses
, penchant for smoking and drinking in public, the jazz music, and the dancing way, which make bright contrast with the traditional and corseted femininity. In recent year, such type of look comes back to the fashion stage due to the success of movies and musicals featuring flappers and women start to find the loveliness that this style brings them. To the young girls, the flapper skirt can help flaunt their beautiful bare legs. You can match a short black and white polka dot skirt with a white blouse, or a floral-patterned skirt with a long, flowing, silk top.
To the office ladies, the style can be made more conservative by wearing a slightly longer flapper skirt with sheer stockings. For those who intend to try the bold look, you can wear the garter stockings with a seam down the back. You just need to make little variation and you will be able to show off different look. On the other hand, you should pay attention to selecting your footwear. To make pretty legs look even longer and more slender, go with a higher-heeled style. For example, you can choose to wear delicate sandals with pretty details like flowers, beading, and bows. If you dare not to try high heels, "Mary Jane" shoes are also acceptable, which always go with shorter, thicker heel and feature an ankle strap with a button. If you choose the flats, they should be better embellished with embroidery.
When it comes to makeup, jewelry and hair, you should avoid those things which will conflict with your vintage fashion style. Understatement is the key. For example, don't wear long strands of beads or put a feathered band in your hair. On the contrary, you should go with subtle pieces that allow the focus to remain on your flapper skirt and your outfit as a whole, not your jewelry. When comes to the hair style, loose, soft waves are a good match for this feminine look, as is a light up-do with some strands left free.
After seeing my introduction, I think you must have got the basic rules of looking good in the flatter skirt. If you intend to sport this look for your next gathering, just follow the mentioned tips to purchase the suitable attire and the matching accessories to make the perfect appearance.
- Show off your charm in the sleeved wedding dress
- Short occasion dress makes you a fairy
- Follow the ways to select the informal wedding dress
- Beaded ball gown enhance your femininity
- Enjoy the happy moment as your son does
- Being distinctive in the non traditional wedding dresses
- Get rid of the stain off the taffeta dress
- Can you pull off plum bridesmaid dress?
- Being the focus in the elegant dress
- What is your view towards knee length bridesmaid dress?
- Attend the wedding in plus size mother of groom dress
- Enhance the special taste by the embroidery
- David's Bridal or other brands?
- To be the attractive pregnant brides at the wedding
- Attract the attention in Dillard prom dress
- Plus size evening dresses are good to oversized women
- The brief introduction of the flapper skirt
- Picking up the modest wedding dress
- Is the halter dress suitable to you?
- Short gowns are the favorite styles of women