It is considered that the taffeta dress is the ideal choice which can be worn to many different occasions. However, such kind of fabric will be spoiled quite easily and it will be a hard thing to get rid of the stain. Thus, it is very important for you to carry out the cleaning work in prompt reaction since a day's delay will also lead to the irreversible damage to your daring taffeta dress. When you turn to clean the stains away, there are still some skills you need to follow.
You should bring the taffeta dress to a dry cleaner's immediately after discovering the stain. It is forbidden to hand wash the dress since it will cause permanent damage and change its look and feel. On the other hand, it will offer much help if you inform the dry cleaner what the stain is, such as makeup, coffee, or another substance. Knowing the nature of the stain will make the cleaning work easier and the dry cleaner can find out the suitable detergent to wash out the stains. In addition, you should emphasize the fabric of the taffeta dress so that the dry cleaner won't place the taffeta together with other materials like cotton that can damage your fabric.
On the other hand, if there is no dry cleaner nearby or the stain has been on the taffeta dress for quite a long time, you can carry out the cleaning work by yourself as well. You can moisten a towelette and dab the stain gently immediately the moment you find out the stain. Then you can bathe the stain in warm water if the wash label instructs it is available. Take along a portable steamer to clean the stain out. Hold the steamer about 6 inches away or more for a few minutes and dab the stain with a cloth. You should get to know that the silk taffeta can even discolor without being stained. For example, leaving it in sunlight will dull or blanch the fabric thus it will be wise for you to store the dress in a dark closet for best preservation. Furthermore, you can not rub the stain since rubbing can damage the fibers of the fabric. Over-steaming the taffeta may leave iron or watermarks, which are expensive to get out.
The taffeta dress is made of a precious and high quality fabric and it calls for your careful or even meticulous maintenance and storage in your daily life. If you indeed find out the stains on the taffeta dress, you can follow the mentioned ways to get the stain off the dress. After the cleaning, it is also very important for you to pack the taffeta dress properly. In addition, the correct washing way will ensure the plus size dresses
kept in the perfect condition so that next time when you are out, you can show off the perfect and attractive look in the taffeta dress.
- Show off your charm in the sleeved wedding dress
- Short occasion dress makes you a fairy
- Follow the ways to select the informal wedding dress
- Beaded ball gown enhance your femininity
- Enjoy the happy moment as your son does
- Being distinctive in the non traditional wedding dresses
- Get rid of the stain off the taffeta dress
- Can you pull off plum bridesmaid dress?
- Being the focus in the elegant dress
- What is your view towards knee length bridesmaid dress?
- Attend the wedding in plus size mother of groom dress
- Enhance the special taste by the embroidery
- David's Bridal or other brands?
- To be the attractive pregnant brides at the wedding
- Attract the attention in Dillard prom dress
- Plus size evening dresses are good to oversized women
- The brief introduction of the flapper skirt
- Picking up the modest wedding dress
- Is the halter dress suitable to you?
- Short gowns are the favorite styles of women